Thursday, May 24, 2012

Introduction: The Message


                There is no such thing as good or evil. Good and evil are biases of the ego and nothing more: a bias of the ego subjectively deterministic of that which is advantageous or disadvantageous to the ego’s advancement charading as a propitious moral structure for the beneficence of the collective. What is genuinely beneficent of the collective; what advancement does the collective mutually seek?
                Evolution.
We are evolving. The human species punctuates the primary tract of evolution and initiates the secondary tract of evolution. The collective stress, the universal sigh, is derivative of this tension between our two natures; the perceived darkness or “evil” of this world is merely the strain of evolution, the ache of becoming.

I said to the sun, “Tell me about the Big Bang.”
The sun said, “It hurts to become.”
Andrea Gibson

                The Cosmos is the Universe. The Universe is Everything. There is no such thing as nothingness; being is somethingness. Being is, the Universe is, the Cosmos is. The Universe, the Cosmos, is all matter and energy which can exist, everything. We are connected by the fabric of the universe: the vibrating strings, resonant membranes which entangle and pulse to the heartbeat of being. All matter is merely energy condensed to a slower vibration. Everything is energy, and Everything is every thing is everything. Outside of our bodies the cosmos grows larger infinitely, and inside our bodies the cosmos grows smaller infinitely. It is only this illusory crust of skin that appears as to separate Everything within from Everything without.
                We are evolving. We are evolving from a carnal species into a psychic species. The carnal is flesh, muscle, bone, atom. The psychic is consciousness, spirit, energy. I attempt to make use of the terms “spirit” and “spiritual” infrequently as I find they denote a superstitious rendering of existence and being, but I will clarify here that where most would describe the “spiritual” component of human beings and the universe I conversely employ the term “psychic.” The psyche is an agency of the cosmos to become aware of itself; the cosmos is humanlike and humans are cosmic in that we insatiably desire to know ourselves.
                There are no such things as good and evil. Instead think in terms of positive/negative. Positivity, positive actions and thoughts and ideas, is that which is propitious to evolutionary advancement; negativity, negative actions and thoughts and ideas, is that which is adverse to evolutionary advancement. I contend that both rationally and empirically, the more one experiences the cosmos, the more one finds that positive ideas are derivative of love, while negative ideas are derivative of fear; I contend that love is resultant of the psychic nature, while fear is resultant of the carnal nature.  Here I venture a succinct subjective morality: it is good to evolve, it is bad to stay the way we are.

The human species as a collective is in distress because we are undergoing evolution.
We are evolving from a carnal species into a psychic species.
Positive ideas encourage evolutionary advancement;
negative ideas discourage evolutionary advancement.
Negative ideas are derivative of fear;
positive ideas are derivative of love.
Fear is derivative of the carnal nature;
love is derivative of the psychic nature.
Love is wise, fear is foolish.

If we are to continue evolving, we must learn to love everything and fear nothing.

                Positive/negative, evolution, the carne and the psyche, fear and love, are not the sole subjects of this blog. The subjects of this blog are ideas and their implications. I chose ‘the Message’ as this blog’s introduction because, tacitly or explicitly, I believe you will find these are the ideas which string all others together: modified, refined, reassessed, reconsidered, but nonetheless similar. In the future I intend to revisit the Message at length and more sincerely discuss both the beneficence and dissonance of these ideas. For the sake of transparency, this blog is more for me than for anyone else as a convenient means of archiving the development and complexification of ideas, but all readers are welcome and any comments are more welcome, especially those which disagree with this perspective.
                The title of this blog is borrowed from two sources: a concept from A Thousand Plateaus by Gilles Deleuze & Felix Guattari, becoming-imperceptible, and a line from one of my favorite comedy films. Adjourning with the titular monologue by the late Bill Hicks, I wish you a good evening.

God, please help me. I’m so tired. I need my sleep, I make no bones about it. I need eight hours a day, and about ten at night, and I’m good. But I am so tired of traveling. I am so sick of sitting in airport terminals, sitting on runways on planes that won’t take off… What a bummer at the end of all these hours of waiting that my ultimate destination is towns like Nashville, or Baton Rouge. I feel like a UFO; because just like UFOs, I too am appearing in obscure southern towns in front of handfuls of hillbillies, and just like UFOs, these hillbillies find me equally incomprehensible.

No comments:

Post a Comment